Soursop, also known as graviola, custard apple, cherimoya, guanabana, and Brazilian pawpaw is a fruit that grows in Central America, the Caribbean, and parts of northern South America.
It has also been introduced to certain areas of Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific. Annona muricata is the scientific name for this flowering Evergreen tree.
The fruit of this tree is composed of white flesh, fiber, and indigestible black seeds.
People in Africa and South America have used parts of this plant to treat arthritis, depression, rheumatism, and infections from viruses and parasites. While not a miracle cure for cancer, some studies have shown that extracts from the fruit are able to kill certain types of liver and breast cancer cells that are resistant to chemotherapy.
Annonaceous acetogenins are thought to be the phytochemical responsible for its healing properties. A study from 1996 found that cis-annonacin, a compound found in soursop, was 10,000 times stronger than Adriamycin, a chemical used in chemotherapy, when tried on colon adenocarcinoma cells.
Research shows that with extracts from this miraculous tree it now may be possible to:
- Attack cancer safely and effectively with an all-natural therapy that does not cause extreme nausea, weight loss and hair loss
- Protect your immune system and avoid deadly infections
- Feel stronger and healthier throughout the course of the treatment
- Boost your energy and improve your outlook on life
The source of this information is just as stunning: It comes from one of America’s largest drug manufacturers, the fruit of over 20 laboratory tests conducted since the 1970′s. What those tests revealed was nothing short of mind numbing…Extracts from the tree were shown to:
- Effectively target and kill malignant cells in 12 types of cancer, including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreatic cancer.
- The tree compounds proved to be up to 10,000 times stronger in slowing the growth of cancer cells than Adriamycin, a commonly used chemotherapeutic drug.
- What’s more, unlike chemotherapy, the compound extracted from the Graviola tree selectively hunts down and kills only cancer cells. It does not harm healthy cells.
The amazing anti-cancer properties of the Graviola tree have been extensively researched – so why haven’t you heard anything about it?
The drug industry began a search for a cancer cure and their research centered on Graviola, a legendary healing tree from the Amazon Rainforest.
It turns out the drug company invested nearly seven years trying to synthesize two of the Graviola tree’s most powerful anti-cancer ingredients. If they could isolate and produce man-made clones of what makes the Graviola so potent, they’d be able to patent it and make their money back. Alas, they hit a brick wall.
The original simply could not be replicated. There was no way the company could protect its profits or even make back the millions it poured into research.
It may not be wise to intake large amounts of the fruit or supplements because of linkages between certain chemicals it contains and movement disorders and nerve changes similar to Parkinsons. However, it can still be enjoyed and its nutritious benefits reaped from being eaten – enjoy it in the forms of a smoothie, fruit juice, and sorbet.
With more research on this plant, maybe we can find a more natural and healthy way of healing our bodies of disease. In the meantime, many people would do well to learn more about soursop and other lesser-known fruit before making any decisions regarding their health. Knowledge = Power.