Salt is essential for life. However, most people simply don’t realize that there are enormous differences between the standard, refined table and cooking salt and natural salt.
This pure pink salt from the Himalayas was formed by marine fossil deposits over 250 Million years ago. Although we should be keeping salt consumption to a minimum, there are several health benefits to this pretty pink salt when compared to over processed traditional table salt.
The Himalayan mountain range stretches across Asia passing through China, Nepal, Myanmar, Pakistan, Bhutan, Afghanistan, and India. Most people associate the Himalayans with Mount Everest, the highest peak on this planet, but it is now becoming well renowned for is pink salt. Millions of years ago crystallized sea salt beds, now deep within the Himalayans, were covered by a protective layer of lava. The area was also surrounded by snow and ice virtually year round.
This protective layer of lava is thought have been why the salt has emerged free from modern-day pollution with many experts claiming that Himalayan Pink salt is the purest salt to be found on earth. The varied hues of pink, red and white are an indication of this salt’s rich and varying mineral and energy-rich iron content.
It is now hand-mined from the mountains and is widely available. Less sodium consumed per serving- Himalayan salt is made of the same components as table salt but since the crystal structure is larger than refined salt, and by volume- this salt therefore has LESS sodium per 1/4 t. serving- because the sea salt crystals or flakes take up less room on a teaspoon than highly refined tiny table salt grains.
Here are 8 amazing benefits of this colourful and natural product:
8. Less sodium consumed per serving: Himalayan salt is made of the same components as table salt but since the crystal structure is larger than refined salt, by volume this salt therefore has LESS sodium per serving because the sea salt crystals or flakes take up less room on a teaspoon than the tiny grains in highly refined table salt.
7. High mineral content: It contains more than 80 natural minerals and elements. Himalayan salts are mineral packed crystals which formed naturally within the earth made up of 85.62% sodium chloride and 14.38% other trace minerals including: sulphate, magnesium, calcium, potassium, bicarbonate, bromide, borate, strontium, and fluoride (in descending order of quantity).
6. Digestion: Himalayan pink salt can help with the absorption of vital nutrients through the walls of the intestines. The chances of developing kidney stones as well as gall bladder stones are greatly reduced.
5. Blood pressure: It has been proven to help lower your pressure dramatically, while at the same time stimulating better circulation. Because it is absorbed into your bloodstream much more efficiently and more effectively than regular, every day, run-of-the-mill salt, this pink version can be used in small doses to help modulate your pressure and stimulate better all-around circulation.
4. Bone health: This exotic looking salt actually contains over 80 natural minerals that are essential to health and bone building.
3. Ph balance: This pink crystal salt can help to maintain a healthy ph range within cells of our body which in turns helps overall to prevent disease and normalize energy levels.
2. Water retention: Consuming salt can help to naturally maintain water levels in the body lost throughout the day and this is a far healthier choice than many other common forms of salt.
1. Aging: Himalayan pink salt is believed to help slow the signs of aging. It can be added to a natural face scrub using the finer crystals to help to exfoliate, removing dead skin from the surface revealing healthier.
Other benefits are said to include heart health, healthy blood sugar levels, muscle cramps, healthy libido, better sleep patterns, preventing rheumatism, weight loss, preventing gout naturally, and sinus health.
Reference: Natural Cures