Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is a form of phototherapy using nontoxic light-sensitive compounds that are exposed selectively to light, whereupon they target malignant and other diseased cells. Each photosensitizer is activated by light of a specific wavelength. Thus, doctors use specific photosensitizers and wavelengths of light to treat different areas of the body with PDT. PDT has proven ability to kill microbial cells, including bacteria, fungi and viruses. PDT is used clinically to treat a wide range of medical conditions, including wet age-related macular degeneration, malignant conditions, cancers, acne and is recognised as a treatment strategy which is both minimally invasive and minimally toxic.
Our Soft Endolaser is a unique product worldwide used for PDT intra-tumor, intra-articular and intravenous therapy. It is CE, FDA and Health Canada approved. It is successfully used in clinics across the world for PDT cancer therapy, for all kind of joint and bone health conditions and for many other chronic diseases treatments.
Health conditions which can be treated with our Soft Endolaser are presented in the table shown below:
Health conditions treated with endolaser
Intravenous PDT Laser Therapy
Studies show significant therapy effects of PDT laser therapy, stabilization and energizing effects and improvement of laboratory values and many other positive effects on often intractable diseases.
Intravascular laser blood irradiation was performed for the first time about 25 years ago in Russia. Laser light was introduced directly into the flowing blood. Previously, in-vitro studies have shown that biological soft laser irradiation of white blood cells trigger a variety of positive effects, in particular expression of immunoglobulins, interferons and interleukins, which are of particular importance.
After introduction of this methodology, numerous studies were published showing additional benefits on various metabolic processes. We found in all patients a general stabilizing and energizing effect as well as many other positive healing effects in conditions like chronic liver diseases, diabetes mellitus, lipid disorders, and various other diseases. This opens new therapy options in the treatment of systemic disorders of the metabolism and immune system.
- Significant improvement in overall performance
- Improvement in sleep and vigilance
- Positive effect on the general mood
- Reduction of drug consumption
- Improvement of diabetic metabolic blood values
- Extremely positive influence of hypercholesterolemia
- Significant reduction of pathologically elevated liver values
- Reduction in frequency of relapses in chronic inflammatory bowel disease
- Improvement in general health status and mobility in MS disease
- Positive influence on intractable pain syndromes
- Positive influence of tinnitus
- Reduction of antihypertensive medication for severe hypertension
- Positive influence of maculopathy
ATP significant increase after blood irradiation with Soft endolaser
Condition to be treated with intravenous laser irradiation:
- Increase of ATP with laser irradiation (632 nm) of HeLa-cell culture
- Areas of application:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Chronic liver and kidney diseases
- Heart disease
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Allergies and eczema
- Performance enhancement in sport
- Macular Degeneration
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Burn-out syndrome
- CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome)
- Lyme disease
Intravenous laser therapy with blue laser
Major application for IV blood irradiation with soft lasers is related to cancer and tumor therapy.
PDT blood irradiation with soft lasers is currently used for many kind of cancer therapies.
Systemic photodynamic tumour therapy
Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is one of the most interesting and promising treatment approaches in the therapy of many different cancers. The principle is the stimulation of a light-sensitive substance based on natural chlorophyll (photosensitizer), which is given into the bloodstream intravenously and (or) injected locally into the tumour.
The sensitizer binds with very high specificity to any type of tumour cells. After stimulation with a soft laser tumors are destroyed through the formation of active oxygen radicals (ROS).
As a rule, photosensitizers are made up of porphyrin molecules or of similar structured substances and are usually derivatives of haem or chlorophyll. Correspondingly they are known as haematic-porphyrin such as Chlorin E6.
A particular advantage of this therapy as opposed to traditional chemotherapy, is that the immune system is not stressed; instead it is strengthened by the intravenous laser therapy; there is an additional secondary immunisation effect of the photodynamic therapy (PDT-immunisation).
We present here a unique PDT therapy irradiating intravenously different lasers.
- Initially the photosensitizer is infused for 30 minutes and parallel to this the blood is irradiated with the appropriate absorption wavelength (660 nm red laser).
- In a second step follows a 30-minute blood irradiation with green laser with simultaneous intravenous oxygen infusion.
- In a third step follows a 30-minute blood irradiation with the blue laser.
- For particular tumours parallel low-dose chemotherapy is recommended. Around 3.5 hours after the Chlorin E6 was injected, the substance is fully bound to the tumour and the tumor is then locally irradiated with soft lasers (applied externally but on the tumour spot).
For tumours that are situated deeper different photosensitizers like Chlorin E6, Hypericin 96%, ALA or CDS can be injected directly into the tumour (ideally guided by ultrasound devices) in order to directly irradiate the malign tissue. This procedure uses a special catheter which is going interstitially in tumor tissue and simultaneously infuses the laser optical fibre and the photosensitizer). Gastrointestinal tumours (oesophageal, stomach or bowel cancer) can be laser treated appropriately using an endoscope.
Patient with tumour in the stomach area
Injection of photosensitizer into the blood stream
Distribution of photosensitizer in the blood stream
Accumulation of the photosensitizer in the tumour tissue
Activation of photosensitizer through intravenous and interstitial laser therapy with additional intravenous oxygen therapy.
Destruction of the tumour tissue and excretion of the photosensitizer
Worldwide innovation: Yellow laser was implemented in our Soft Endolaser and the therapy effects are amazing!!
After several years of research and development and worldwide for the first time the yellow laser was added to our soft endolaser and used successfully in intravenous and interstitial laser therapy. So far, a yellow laser with 5mW at 589 nm is ready to be used in intravenous treatments.
What is the yellow laser good for?
- Yellow soft laser additionally stimulates the mitochondrial respiratory chain at complex II (cytochromes)
- Yellow soft laser has a detoxifying effect
- Yellow soft laser has an anti- depressive effect
- The yellow laser stimulates the strongest natural photosensitizer – Hypericin out of St. John’s wort – and is therefore the most efficient laser in photodynamic cancer therapy. Combined with Hypericin, yellow lasers are applicable for the treatment of viral and chronical bacterial infections.
- A broad range of studies shows that anti- depressive effects of Hypericin can be strengthened significantly once the impact of Hypericin is enhanced by yellow lasers. Immediate improvements of patient’s sense of well- being have been observed. The broad theoretical knowledge about the application opportunities of Hypericin is now implemented in practice with our Soft Endolaser.
- The new yellow laser – first clinical results
- Positive results in chronic infections (e.g. Lyme disease) and fatigue syndromes;
- Very positive experiences in advanced Lyme disease; significant improvement after few treatments (45 min. intravenous);
- Good effects on several virus infections (zoster, EBV, Herpes);
- Strong anti- bacterial effect;
- Very good results in patients with panic attacks, depression and anxiety disorders (yellow laser IV and hypericin orally administrated; combination with Tryptophan in patients with lack of serotonin);
- Promising development in patients with lack of ATP; yellow laser stimulates complex III of the oxidative phosphorylation and supports therapy with other laser wavelengths, NADH, coenzyme Q10, carnitine;
- Positive effects on Multiple Sclerosis;
- Application in photodynamic tumor therapy (in combination with Hypericin): significant reduction of tumor markers;
Blood irradiation with yellow laser
Learn more here: SOFT ENDOLASER